The iPA Music System from Alto Professional is a powerful, portable loudspeaker with 400 watts of power for amplifying your iPad apps, cranking up your iTunes library and singing karaoke like never before.
Simply load your iPad into the iPA Music System dock, run your app of choice and crank up the volume. The iPA Music System's internal power amplifier takes care of the rest, filling your party, club, home or event with crystal clear music.
With an included Alto Professional ADM10 cardioid microphone and 10-foot cable, you're ready to throw unforgettable karaoke parties. The iPA Music System even has a contour switch that instantly provides the perfect EQ settings for music playback and singing. You can even expand your iPA Music System and play your music in stereo by adding an additional speaker.
Dock your iPad and rock the party with the iPA Music System from Alto Professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which iPad connection does the iPA Music System use?
The iPA uses a 30-pin connection, so for later generation iPads, you'll need to use a Lighting to 30-pin adapter to make it compatible.
Will the iPA Music System charge my iPad?
Yes. Just make sure that the iPA Music System is powered on.
What can I connect to the iPA Music System?
The iPA Music System has a Combo Input jack and RCA type inputs allowing you to connect the following devices:
- XLR microphone (recommended). Mic and cable are included.
- 1/4” Microphone
- CD, DVD, Blue-Ray Player (connect from the player’s RCA outputs)
- MP3 Player (using an optional 1/8” stereo to RCA adapter, not included)
- Instruments (i.e. guitars and keyboards)
Can I use the RCA input and the Combo input that the same time?
Yes. If using a disc player, please check to see if it has an adjustable output level before making the connection. Many units have ‘fixed’ output levels that are not adjustable and can be very loud. MP3 players will have an adjustable output, set the level on the player to get the correct mix.
What is the best Karaoke app for iPA?
We recommend using traditional Karaoke apps that display lyrics in portrait mode. The Karaoke Channel Mobile and Karaoke Free are good apps to start with.
Note: Apps that have features like recording, scoring and effects processing can be used with the iPA Music system. However, those features are intended for use with the iPad’s built-in microphone. These features will not be used when your iPad is docked to the iPA Music System.
Apps that feature recording, scoring and effects are:
- Glee (scoring will not apply)
- Sing Perfect (scoring will not apply)
Why doesn’t scoring work?
The app’s scoring is used with the iPad’s built-in microphone. The built-in mic isn’t used when connected to the iPA Music System.
Can I connect the iPA to another powered speaker?
Yes. Use a standard XLR cable (not included) to connect this jack to the input of another speaker (i.e., another ALTO Professional speaker).
- Transducer Low: 10” woofer with 1.5” voice coil
- Transducer High: 1” titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Output Power
- 200 W Continuous (135 W LF + 65 W HF)
- 400 W Peak (270 W LF + 130 W HF)
- Frequency Range: 51 Hz – 20,000 Hz (@ -10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz – 20,000 Hz (+3 dB)
- Max SPL @ 1m
- 123 dB Continuous
- 126 dB Peak
- Nominal Horn Coverage: 80/100° H x 60° V nominal (-6 dB)
- Active Crossover: 2,500 Hz
- 1 Mic/Line XLR+1/4” combo inputs
- 1 stereo pair of RCA inputs
- 1 XLR mix output
- External Controls: Input volume, dock volume, power switch with LED indicator, signal/peak LED indicator, contour switch, output mode switch
- Input Control
- -∞ to +50 dB (Line/Mic)
- -∞ to +10 dB (RCA)
- -∞ to +10 dB (Dock)
- Cabinet: Trapezoidal with floor monitor capability; injection-molded polypropylene enclosure with perforated steel grille
- Integrated pole socket (36 mm diameter)
- 1 handle
- Protections: Over-excursion, thermal, driver, DSP-based
- Power supply
- 100 VAC, 110-120 VAC, 220-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz
- Inrush current at initial switch-on: 0 A
- Inrush current after power supply interruption: 2.20 A
- Dimensions (height x weight x depth): 20.2” x 13” x 11.4”
- Weight (speaker only): 26.6 lbs
- iPA Music System
- Microphone cable (XLR)
- Power cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety Instructions & Warranty Information Booklet